Monday, December 12

Still Singing...

More songs that remind me of people…

After that last article I wrote I took it upon myself to make a list of more songs and who they remind me of. Here’s what I came up with.

Varsha One more song like she very kindly pointed out on the last blog entry. Shakira - Wherever, whenever.

Shalini Bombay Rockers - Rock the Party & Neal’n’Nikki.

Neela Enrique Iglesias - Escape & Beautiful South - Perfect Ten.

Ganesh O O Jaane Jaana from “Pyar Kiya to Darna Kya”. Actually this song also reminds me of Abhishek cos of the amount of times we played it on Holi, 1997…was it?

Ajju Pearl Jam - Better Man & that Govinda number “Goriya Chura Na Mera Jiiya”. He had the Govinda double-hair-flick-hip-grind move perfected!

Megha Gulzaar - Mera Kuch Saaman. My introduction to his songs and poetry.

Malika Kylie Minogue - Can’t get you out of my Head & Imagination - Just an Illusion. For all those amazing times at RPM.

Priya Kale Please Forgive me - Bryan Adams…I know its psychotic cos I haven’t met her in like a gazzilion years but I think of her every time I hear this one…and I can’t for the life of me remember why!!!!!

Sandy Dabral We Will Rock You - Queen. His darling kids used to sing along with it and didn’t know the lyrics. “We will we will wakoan!”

And finally….

Ramesh Still N-Sync. Cos he called me in the middle of the night and threatened me with bloody murder after he read the last blog article!!! I think his exact words were..."Take the offending article off or I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and fury!!" or something equally intimidating..(Can't remember now it was late and i was tired!!!) Hehehehehhehe!
But to be fair to him there's also all of those millions of other songs he murders when he’s singing along with them that totally remind me of him!!!! Take Stone Temple Pilots for an instance or Pearl Jam or Metallica or Dire Straits or oh baby…I could go on and on and on!

That’s all for now peoples!

Also I’m tagging all of you guys with the Song Meme. You’ll be quite surprised by what you come up with really!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So kind of you to add my song!!!!
And BTW.... Shouldn't you be working now that you are being paid double!!!!!!

An by the way...why this word verification!!??!!

Mon Dec 12, 04:10:00 am GMT-8  
Blogger rushes said...

Remind me again...you're my best friend right? Just who's side are you on huh? Don't you know it's the big establishments that rob us poor struggling artists of our very individuality??? Hehehehhehee!

The word verification is to prevent automated spam comments sweetie.
:)

Mon Dec 12, 04:18:00 am GMT-8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah.. so i see that my offending repartee.. err.. (forgive me for i know not the intricacies of the keyboard enough, to put a 'grave(enter brackets within brackets.. that is 'grave' in french, comme les francais dissent repar-taaeeyyy... before morons wunner why im diggin in da dirt :)' over the 'e,' but then, im digressin from the topic... where da fugg was i?? hmm, yup my offending remark has been removed by the administrator!! well, i spose to be fair, there was a time when both me n rash wud trip on n-sync, wid double headfone discman (wow.. those things were state of the art those days, n rash's phoren uncle had got it for her from phoren) wid this n-sync cd, it was her first cd i think, and the only one till we cud afford buying anudder one after sacrificing weekend beer for 2 weeks in a row(5 of us..ni, ganya, rash, siddu n whasernameagainn.. big hands!! Those days cds used to cost 650 bucks.. gadzooks!!) So, it was very sweet, the both of us sitting in the jj ka canteen, lissening to n-sync on rash's dubble heddfone discman, hummin along, bonding.. *sniff* those were the good days!! Thanx rash, for opening the world of n-sync for me.. *smooch* (n thank u evenmore fer not makin me lissen to ur udder dubble cd, best of Michael Bolton n kenny G wazzit??)

luv ya,

krix :)

Mon Dec 12, 05:25:00 am GMT-8  
Blogger rushes said...

Heehehehheeee! Yup those were the daze! The headphones did drown out you singing along with N-Sync though... (remember the special voice you had for the cute curly haired one??) Awww...its sweet to know the lesbian trapped inside the man's body is really a minor!!

Mon Dec 12, 05:42:00 am GMT-8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyy.. ur jus jealous that u cant sing like me... u jus cant hit those highs as well as i do baybee!! :) n heyy.. the lesbo chick inside me jus turned 18!! *bbeeeggg eewwiillll grriinnnn*

Mon Dec 12, 05:46:00 am GMT-8  
Blogger rushes said...

hehehhe..its true dahlin! NO ONE can hit those highs quite like you do!

:D

Mon Dec 12, 05:52:00 am GMT-8  
Blogger ganpatibapa said...

You still fantasizing 'bout Sallu bhai after all these years from '97. But that was some Holi!!

Mon Dec 12, 03:47:00 pm GMT-8  
Blogger rushes said...

Can you imagine!!! But it was fun! Hard to imagine the junta getting together again anytime soon na so i'll just have to have the party in my head!!!!

:D

Mon Dec 12, 09:03:00 pm GMT-8  

Post a Comment

<< Home