Saturday, December 10

Something to sing about!!!

Here’s an interesting meme… it’s songs that remind me of people. I’m more of a smells person really…that is, I tend to remember smells more but songs I guess, run a close second on nostalgia value. So here goes…

Mom Chris Issac Wicked games….its not the lyrics but more the fact that I eventually got her the CD so she’d stop humming the damn song. Also Michael Bolton..(…no mom its not Christopher Bolton!!!) and this song from some inane old hindi flick that went..”Jeevan se na haar jeene wale..” that she used to sing us to sleep with. I still get that warm fuzzy feeling when I think about it!

Varsha One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head and the entire Grease 1 & 2 soundtracks! Also “Twist & Shout” from the Ferris Buller’s Day Off soundtrack! And also the Top Gun soundtrack! We’re playing with the boys now baby!!!!

Nish The Pretty woman soundtrack. Tangled & Fallen & Fame!!! Also Johnny Hates Jazz Shattered Dreams. Also every new “punju pop” number that we do our little “DumbInDelhi” bump and grind to!

Riti Woh Lamhe & Superstar. Cos they were and she certainly is!

Anu Sinead O’corner – you made me the thief of your heart. Phati hui maruti, phata hua system, lassi’s and heartbreak. And of course Annie Lennox & Bjork! Love you woman!!!!!

Siddu It’d have to be the entire Mr big Bump Ahead album. Also the best of police. I think it was the fact that it was playing in the background the first time we made out! Also Winger - Seventeen and of course the Colour Blind album…you rock!!

Tarun Gun’n’Roses - Sweet Child of Mine & Bryan Adams - Summer of 69! Love you Papa Bear!

Nirav Gadzooks! The list is endless! Every bloody song we ever heard together in college!!! But if I had to pick two they would be Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd & Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits!

Dhiren & Rohit Stone Temple Pilots, Oasis, Pearl Jam!

The Scandalous Seven Jim Morrison - Road House Blues & a song by some one hit wonder called “Life is a Highway” We danced our asses off to these one New Year’s eve!

Dad Art Company - Suzanna. Flinched his Walkman one time to listen to this song in school and boy he never let me forget it! Also Frank Sinatra - Strangers in the Night & I’ve Had the Time of my Life from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack. And ofcourse his ‘piece de résistance’ “Bindu re Bindu” from Padosan !!!

Milind The Club remix of that song from “Hero” starring Jackie Shroff. Milind used to be my steady dancing partner when I was married seeing how my ex refused to get on the dance floor! And “Return of the Mac”!

Ramesh Any song by N-Sync..cos he just luuuuuuuuuurrrrrves his boy-bands!!!! Hehehehehe!

Sunila John Denver - Country Road & Annie’s Song. And These Boots are made for Walking.

Also here’s the long awaited update on the job thingy. I’m staying…yea well I guess they just got so tired of hearing me threatening to leave that they upped and doubled my pay cheque! So now you guys are going to be hearing me rant and rave about my loooong working hours for some more time to come! Sorry Nishu-pishu but I did try my hardest to quit. They just made me an offer I couldn’t refuse!!

That’s all for now folks but there’s definitely more to come. I saw “Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena” on cable three nights ago and I’m literally itching to get that review up so watch this space for updates soon!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U bITCH!!!

GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

N-snyc??
Boybands??

*pppttoooeeeyyyyy*
need to gargle my mouth...
u gonna pay dearly for this mah fren..
very dearly..

Sun Dec 11, 09:48:00 am GMT-8  
Blogger Naked Street said...

Hehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank god I was spared

Sun Dec 11, 09:05:00 pm GMT-8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu forgot Shakira.....

Sun Dec 11, 10:31:00 pm GMT-8  

Post a Comment

<< Home