Saturday, June 11

99 things about me..

1. I love making lists…
2. I love to read and am obsessive about my book collection.
3. I don’t do mornings…am practically addicted to the snooze button
4. I adore massages! Foot massages are a major turn-on!
5. I want to be published someday…
6. Oils are my medium of choice though I work better with acrylics…
7. I really miss someone to cuddle with on rainy Sunday afternoons…
8. I don’t need a boyfriend. I need a soul mate!
9. I don’t like aerated drinks (with the exception of beer) Never have never will!
10. I love variety. Routines bore me.
11. I speak 4 languages..(6 if you include Gibberish & InaneChatter). I understand 4 others
12. I love high heels!
13. If I could I’d live in my jeans.
14. My whole life I’ve wanted a pet dog named “Billding”
15. I love to eat and like to experiment with new cuisines and cooking styles.
16. I hate pretentious people.
17. I loooooove to drive.
18. I’m afraid that I’m a bit too fond of video games…and that given a chance I’d be addicted!
19. I love my sit-coms!
20. I currently own 156 Archies Comic Digests..
21. I love Sting!
22. I wish I’d been born with straight hair.
23. My fastest time on minesweeper (expert level) is 121 seconds.
24. I’m a die-hard optimist!
25. At my skinniest ever I used to weigh 49 kilos…and at my fattest 78 kilos.
26. I write poetry
27. I hate tomatoes!
28. I sleep naked whenever I can.
29. I prefer baths to showers
30. I’ve sprained both my ankles numerous times. I get my weak ankles from my mother’s side of the family.
31. I like sex…(at least the way I remember it..)
32. I love getting mail. Not e-mail.. but real, foldable, letters. It’s pure joy.
33. The only things my handbag contains are my wallet, my Zippo, my Swiss knife and my cell phone.. And occasionally some make up.
34. I’ve been madly, insanely and crazily in love three times in my life. I’ve had my heart broken only once. I think I’ve been very lucky.
35. I love meeting new people. I’m fascinated by eccentric personalities.
36. My friends think I party too hard.
37. I love my brother to pieces. I don’t think he knows it but I adore him shitless.
38. My dad and me don’t get along because we’re too alike. It takes one to know one…
39. The one superpower I wish I had is the ability to fly.
40. If I could have two the second would be invisibility.
41. I don’t have a favorite colour.
42. I love to sing.
43. The news depresses me.
44. I’m as comfortable at a formal do as I am at a dhaba.
45. I’ve been living by myself for four years and I love it!!!!
46. I still love all my exes. It's not a let's-get-back-together kind of love, more like an overall benevolence.
47. I’m not the jealous sorts. If my partner doesn’t want to be with me I figure its his loss.
48. When I was in college I used to go to clubs wearing my yellow combat boots.
49. Ideologically, I am an environmentalist, but I'm decidedly NOT outdoorsy.
50. I’m better with faces than with names and dates.
51. I used to love math in school but hated my math teacher.
52. I’m not religious at all but I do respect other peoples right to be.
53. I love Indian mythology. I’ve read the complete unabridged “Ramayana” and “Mahabharata” and loved them.
54. I think Kishore Kumar could pretty much kick Mohammad Rafi’s butt.
55. I like woodsy, herbal, and spicy fragrances more than floral or fruity ones.
56. I used to swim competitively. Even today when I see a pool I’m thinking laps!
57. I majored in photography in college. I rarely shoot photographs anymore, but I still entertain the idea of doing photography as a career someday.
58. When I first got my crew cut , I’d been threatening my mom with shaving my head for so long she was kinda relieved.
59. I have sobered down in the last four years. I’m not half as impulsive as I used to be.
60. I think my brother’s girlfriend Lynn is one of the sweetest people I know.
61. I think my mother absolutely rocks! She’s an amazing personality and I’m lucky to have her.
62. I’ve known my friend Sunila for 25 of my 27 years. We’ve been best friends since the first day of playschool when she sat on me and tried to steal my lunch.
63. I used to have hair up to my knees till I was 14 years old. Mom still has my braids in a little box in her closet.
64. I have two tattoos.
65. I’m a guilty shopper. I think shopping is really self-indulgent.
66. I’m generally very protective about the people around me. I think it comes from being the older sister.
67. I wish I was taller.
68. I have no allergies that I know of.
69. I had two pet snails when I was growing up. They were called Speedy and Tickles. I used to love the feel of them crawling on my arms.
70. I like mustard, black pepper and green chillies. Hate Tabasco!
71. I loooooove seafood!
72. I like my steak rare.
73. I was overweight growing up. In my head I’m still a fat girl.
74. I’m a bad keeper-in-toucher. I wish I’d been there for my friends more.
75. I’m very in the moment. I want to be swept off my feet.
76. I don’t understand the concept of casual sex. I think intimacy is very important in a sexual relationship.
77. I genuinely like to exercise.
78. I love my rings. Other then that I’m not very into jewellery.
79. I’m a bad patient. I prefer to be left alone when I’m feeling ill.
80. I’m Libran. My birthday is the 13th of October.
81. I hate confrontations.
82. I have a soft spot for tall men.
83. I like spooning.
84. I recently got my hair streaked. Bright red.
85. My best friend is a cynic. I would like to change that about her but am afraid of her getting hurt in the bargain.
86. I very often want to be someone else so I can get an objective view of my life
87. I love sushi.
88. My friends think I’m too trusting.
89. It’s true. I’d rather believe people are basically good.
90. I watch TV with my head tilted. Its weird but I’ve just always done it.
91. I’ve been driving since I was about 14.
92. I love the smell of antiques and old books.
93. I am planning to get married this December
94. In Goa.
95. If I had to choose between wealth and fame I’d choose fame.
96. If I could turn back time I’m not quite sure I’d do anything differently.
97. I’m sure I want kids..(at least on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays.)
98. I love sunsets. Twilight is possibly my most intense time of the day.
99. I'm a huge procrastinator. It’s taken me about two weeks to get started on this list.

11 Comments:

Blogger rushes said...

lol....100. I love sam!!!
better pack your bags and make it to goa babe....i need a best man.
muuuuuuuuuaaaahh!

Sat Jun 11, 03:50:00 am GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Very nice! You put so many things that I always have fleeting fantasies of so easily into words! You rock sis!
p.s: trying to think if I can get you any one thing from this list when i come down in december. :-)

milind

Sat Jun 11, 09:27:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger Naked Street said...

Only 100 sweetie I think if u do #93 u'll have another 999 to put up...way to go girl....
luv ya kiddo

Sat Jun 11, 12:26:00 pm GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok.. so where do i start? since i have been bludgeoned into commenting on this one by rash n her very famous 'dilli pollis tactics'.. here goes babes.. dont tell me i dinn warn you!!

*deep breath*
So dunno if this a list of 50 things about her or about me.. your call rash...

1. Shes as stubborn as a mule.. but a cute one at that!
2. What i really love about her is her proud 'come bite me.. make my day.. fuck you!' take on life.
3. But right about now, i dont like what dilli is doin to her.. plan to steal her bakk to good ol mmmbbbaaaiii!!
4. She loves the Police. (I still think sting wuz much better wid them.. hes gone too mushy apres soul cages..sigh.. i know we'll never agree on dat un)
5. She likes her beer with head.
6. She loves her whisky:
Never let her fix your drink.
7. She got inspired to get her first crewcut from yours truly.. thank you.
8. She writes fantastic poetry.. awesome.. ive put all me monies on da fact that shes gonna get pooblished real soon (even if i hafta do it!!)
9. I still dunno how she ever got hooked to video games n trance.. a certain pest comes to mind.. hmmmm.
10. She really doesnt hate cats.. she says dat jus to get me mad :)
11. Shes one helluva pppaaaarrrtttyyyy animal.
12. I really liked her yellow caterpillars.. they were nice.
13. She smokes too much.
14. As far back as i can remember (trust me, thas pretty ffaaaarrrr...) shes always been skinny (blame my jaundiced eye babe!!)
15. Before we became friends.. we used to hate each other.. lol. Remember shoving her once in college.. man wuz she mad or what!!
16. Shes got the cutest nose :)
17. She writes the most amazing letters... (Whwn can i have mine bakk?? plizz?)
18. Come to think of it.. i cant tell the diffrence between a bath n a shower.. rash ull hafta show me this un.. ;)
19. Yeah.. she luvs to sleep naked whenever she can.. i can vouch fer that.. scout's honour.
20. Shes capable of multiple sarcasm.
21. Point number 33 regarding the contents of her purse is hogwash.. jus a wallet, Zippo, Swiss knife and a cell phone n some make up couldnt have given me a fractured skull.. remembah waikiki n my subtle satire on 'outside eatables not allowed?'
22. Come to think of it.. shes jus like a cat!
23. She deserves much better.
24. She doesnt ever let me hum along or sing.. i guess shes jus jealous.
25. Im gonna take her flying some day.. n mebbe teach her too!
26. Right about now, shes pesterin me on msn to let her av a peek at what im puttin down ere.
27. She can be VERY VERY persuasive.. by that i mean she cud charm a snake out of its skin.
28. When she came for my passing out parade at the NDA.. i wuz the most envied cadet that year! :)
29. Sometimes i think.. she puts up with way too much now days.
30. I wish she wud jus stick to one thing jobwise.. she would rake in da moolah in no time.
31. I wish she wuz more outdoorsy.. of coss my intentions are completely honourable when i wish this.
32. She can certainly hold her drink.. well..theoretically she does hold her drink atleast until i pass out.
33. Shes privy to some state secrets for which.. i wuz actually sposed to kill her, but its so much better this way!!
34. She does show signs of bein allergic to me sumtimes... :(
35. The two pet snails that she talks about.. she had em for brealfast one day.. 'les escargots en huile' aint that what the crazy french call them?
36. I like her best when shes really drunk :)
37. I still hate her, ganya n nirdinks fer spikin my drinks at lonavala.. grrr.
38. Whwn im really rich.. im gonna buy us our very own elevator.. with bar attached.
39. She certainly dinn like to be left alone when she wuz down wid malaria.. remembah??
40. I think she shud abuse less while drivin.. makes me blush at times.
41. If there is one thing that she takes good care of.. tis her books.
42. N if i have my way.. good lukk wid da marriage in december.. the poor sod.. i reall dont like to kill peepul :(
43. I owe some of my best times to her.. my very own junkie doll.
44. I wish she'd listen n like mark knopfler.
45. Still donn beleive da 'Carbine story at rhythm house' bullshit! No wonder none of my relationships wokk out...
46. Im not sure if im a huge procrastinator too.. hmmm.. i think ill think about that one tmoro.
47. I wunner if she'll ever succeed in gettin me to start me own blog.
48. I really enjoy sittin n drinkin n lissening to da police with her, shes at her best then!!
49. I hope she has that daughter soon. (egads.. im almost 30 ya know!!)
50. Shes a grrreaaatttt kisser.. dont ask how i know.. i jus do.

Phew.. so the deed is done.
As yeats said;

Cast a cold eye
On life; On death,
Horseman, pass by.

Post skriptum: Luv u babes!

Mon Jun 13, 03:12:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger Naked Street said...

I agree with Ramya totally on # 4 and #48.....come to think of it man at times this pint size girl scares the shit out of me....i am supposed to be a big fella....... but very well written Ramya. Owe u a drink for writing so beautifully about this cutie pie.....

Mon Jun 13, 06:27:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger rushes said...

25 things about The Intrepid Fighter Pilot..

One good list deserves another..

1. He’s a charmer.
2. He’s a poet and doesn’t know it!
3. He once took a panga with this big bully at a cinema hall and beat him up senseless defending my "honour". (..or was it my constitutional right to jabber loudly in the theatre..I can’t remember)
4. He can’t dance..but who cares? Real men don’t dance anyways!
5. He sings atrociously!
6. He once walked into a room when I was changing and has never ever let me forget it!
7. He’s going to teach me flying someday…or at least "upgrade me to the cockpit"..his words!
8. He is stubborn as shit!
9. He is one of the most irritatingly instinctive guys I know.
10. He always has the most awesomely sweet women. I don’t know how he gets them!
11. He’s very secretive about his private life..usually mumbles something about "gentlemen don’t kiss and tell" when asked..
12. He writes the most brilliant letters.
13. He has always, ALWAYS been there for me when I needed him…and I few times when I didn’t as well..:P
14. He always has an opinion on my life.
15. He has always threatened each and every one of my boyfriends with bloody murder.
16. He’s a thorough gentleman..that is, when he’s not shoving me around, treating me like one of the boys or calling me poophead.
17. He doesn’t know the difference between a shower and a bath..
18. I wonder if I’ll ever get him started on his own blog..
19. He is prone to repeated nonsensical spewage of classified information when drunk.(hehehhaahhahahahaa...i know!)
20. He wants to marry my daughter ..as and when I deem it fit to have a daughter that is…(I’m also not ever going to let him. So there!)
21. He’s a lesbian trapped in a man’s body. (Go figure!)
22. Don’t even get me started on the 'Carbine story at rhythm house' incident!!!!
23. He’s an idiot!
24. ...and a shithead..
25. And I wouldn’t have him any other way!

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaahh! Love you my baby..always have..(I mean other then that first bit where I absolutely couldn’t stand you..) always will!

Mon Jun 13, 07:06:00 am GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh.. Rash.. *sniff* Ur crackin me up. For the record rash has been very kind with her words.. and also.. I sing goddamn well!! I won a tshirt at a karaoke thingie.. so i got proof to back that up too!!
Not to mention the bloody black eye after the theatre thingie... lol. I had to do a lot of explaining to my mom n urs after that. N how dare u go about tellin peepul i cant dance?!! (Tho i like the real men cant dance anyways thingie after dat :) Remember the last time we danced n i swept u off yer feet? huh?!! N papa bear!! owz da hunk doin? fill up me cup till it runneth over oh brother.. the things i will write for a measure of whisky.. sigh!!

Mon Jun 13, 08:44:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger Nish said...

OOOhhh ooooh, my list my list - tho its more about the two of us:

1. She is really the most fabulous, all-together person I know and my life would really really not be the same without her.
2. I hate sharing her - hate it; love the fabulous people I have met because of her but still hate hate sharing her - our time together is so little and sacred
3. She is the gutsiest bravest girl I know for putting complete trust in someone else after dickhead broke her heart, uprooting her whole life to a new scary city and living her life SUCCESSFULLY on her own terms exactly how she wants it.
4. She has always always been there for me - I dont know if I have been there for her or would have the strength to and have always had major guilt about not knowing about dickhead's dickhead behaviour and not being able to stop it.
5. I love how when she gets drunk she argues in circles with no solution forever about the same things everytime.
6. I love how she can hold her drink and totally take care of me (becos I cant *blush*)
7. If she stopped her partying and utilised her talent, she would go amazing places but she may not be rash and I love her for it
8. She is a much worse procrastinator than me which is really something
9. She is very scatter-brained and I love it - though it can annoy the shit out of me at times.
10. We used to watch every fattening mouthful the other person had when we weighed 60kgs at 15 - so there was balanced out weight gain on both sides
11. I love when she goes into her polite socialite delhi mode when we are out and gets us tables and free drinks at bars
12. She is really the only only person in the world who gets me - I can call her and start saying something and she can complete the sentence with no frame of reference
13. I love her to itty-bitty little pieces - alongwith my mother, she is my number one placeholder in my heart.
14. I love our InaneChatter - we do not need any drinks or other people (Except to record it) just us - any time, any place, any situtaion. We drive out respective other halves nuts.
15. She is the most giving person I know.
16. Talking to her is often the best part of my day
17. She is very nice to my cats, though she claims she doesnt like them
18. She will be god mother to my kids (if any)
19. The next guy to hurt her will get broken kneecaps, I promise. Dickhead got away easy.
20. Her stubborness can really irritate me sometimes.
21. She has no concept of time.
22. Waking her up is not a job for the faint hearted
23. She can eat 2 lunches, 3 dinners and still be hungry at 2am - when we cook a dozen eggs and eat a loaf of bread together.
24 - She is a great dancer!!!
love you baba - muuuuuaaaaah!!!

Mon Jun 13, 11:50:00 pm GMT-7  
Blogger rushes said...

i'm so completely tagging you nish! i'm going to put up my list of Nish's Fabulousness in about 15 mins. Muuuuuuuuaaaahh! Love you meri jaanu...the mostest and the bestest!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 14, 12:01:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger rushes said...

Nish-pish...i adore you ok? Always always remember that! Muuuuaaaaaaaaaahh!

Some of my favorite things about my favorite person!

1. She's my fashion guru...
2. She's an amazing domestic goddess. Amazing domestic goddessing is what she does!
3. She's awesome with her cats, her hubby and me.
4. Which means she'll make a fabulous mom! I just know it!
5. I love that we're almost the same size. hee heeheee
6. I love that she's always looking out for me.
7. I don't like sharing her with anyone!...(..the evil forces of boredom are trying to get her to join them but I just won't ever let that happen!)
8. She’s such a little cuddle bunny. I can't imagine how Vikram doesn't squeeze her constantly.
9. I love how she just totally gets me...(sax on the beach? cello on mountain?
chepo on bed? hehehehehee)
10. I love how I’m so fabulous when I’m with her! She just totally completes me!
11. She totally underestimates herself. She's sooo much prettier and sooo much more talented than she gives herself credit for!
12. She has the cutest little dimple and knows it!
13. She’s dopey in Delhi!
14. She packs a mean punch..(Danglers in mouth action really happens!)
15. She’s always been a great daughter. Family’s important to her.
16. She’s the one person I know who can make me behave..(Hell.. I’m even nice to her cats!!!)
17. I always just want her to be happy. And not just happy-happy but over joyously, blissfully, exuberantly rapturous!
18. I love how she let me into her room and heart when I was an over-weight teenager and totally loved me for just being me!
19. I love how we’re so different and yet so totally one soul!
20. I love the drunk-arsed, circular, unending conversations we have....and just adore all that bracketing!!!!!!
21. I really wish I had her eye-brows!
22. I love how she writes. Reading her blog is my BrightSpot of the day.
23. She has great taste. Clothes, music, food, books, friends..(and by friends I mean me! heheheheee)…pretty much everything!
24. I will totally kill for her!
25. And also kill her with my own bare hands if she ever EVER doesn’t be my bestest friend for all eternity!

Tue Jun 14, 01:22:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger Naked Street said...

Nish...in case u need help for # 19 just call me.... and cannot agree more on # 15,21,22,23 and 24..
Amazing this ladoo is...
muuuaaahhhh.....

Tue Jun 14, 06:13:00 am GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home