Wednesday, April 27

Distressed in Delhi

So well call me a sentimental old fop. Go on do it!It's absolutely true! I’m at this moment actually moping the loss of a very amicable young woman. My gal-pal, fashion adviser and Virgo-in-good-standing, Ritz has deigned it agreeable to marry and move to B'bay. Of all the fucked up luck. Just when I was finally ready to make lifelong commitment to "dumbindelhi" she's gone and tipped the bloody scales again. Will my recent seesawing to and fro never cease. So I’m making another list. A list of reasons why I love this here city. (...lurve you too my baby doll b'bay...let others call you Mumbai, you'll always be b'bay to me)

a) My most awesome foster parents. Vee and Tee. You guys rock!
b) The wide open spaces..(and I mean the indoors...the walls in the cubbyholes most people call homes in b’bay almost close up on you!)
c) The wide open spaces (outdoors this time) and four laned roads
d) Tikkas and galauti kababs and aloo tikkis and pakodas and junk.
e) Sarojini Nagar. Fashion street hath no stirrings.
f) My own apartment. Love the living by myself. It takes one bad marriage to teach you the true value of independence. Really.
g) Ritz (woe is me..she’ll be gone soon...*striking madhubala in distress pose*), Sam, Puchie, Shal, Vinu, Nomzi, Jeeju and of course the Fabulous Indi Auntie without who I’d be lost as a babe in the woods!
h) The Delhi winters. Positively my best time of the year.
i) The madcap Diwali card sessions.
j) Pool Parties and Barbeques!!!!!
k) Goosy Jossip! This town is a seething hot-pot of voracious gossip mongers. Awesome fun when it isn’t you they’re talking about!

...the list goes on and on and on. But I’m also going to put in a minilist of why I’m tempted to move back to B'bay. (It’s a Libran thing...balance you see!)

a) My most awesome real parent. Mom, you rock!!!
b) Nish-pish,( Love her to ittle-bittle pieces this one!)
c) The Beach! Just the sound of the sea...A true-blue Bambaiya wouldn’t dare risk a dip!
d) Sunila, Ramesh, Milya, Sups, Uga and other infamous party animals!
e) Paani Puri, Vada Pav, Misal, Mahesh Lunch Home, and moms cooking.
f) The monsoon. (Delhi monsoon season lasts like four hours…and that’s a good year!)
g) Colaba Causeway. The ultimate in junk!
h) Indigo Brunches.
i) Late night antakshari singing at worli seaface.
j) Strawberries and cream at Bachelors!
k) The double decker bus rides. (Haven’t been on a bus yet in Delhi and don’t ever intend to be!)
l) Marine Drive.

Sigh. All this reminiscing is making me homesick. I leave for B'bay tomorrow and shall at long last be reunited with lightofmylife Nish-pish in our ever vigilant search for more InaneChatter (TM, patent pending) and the veritable GoodTimes. Until then...Cheers!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi um i was browsing around n came upon ur page.jst thought i'd say its really nicely done.
jst thought id say that.keep havin fun yea.ciaoz

Wed Apr 27, 04:44:00 am GMT-7  
Blogger Nish said...

i definetly need to rank above the beach DUDE!!! we never go there unless it to drink dude!!! and in which case u started out with me and then came beach becos they threw us out of the bar DUDE!!!

Wed Apr 27, 04:53:00 am GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home